A New Season

We have officially entered a new season in the calendar year...hello Fall!... which seems fitting because I feel like the same is true for me personally....hello life with 3 teenage boys! (well, at least as of October 21st).  A new college student, a new driver, and one in the midst of all the changes that growing up brings...not to mention all the changes being a 45 year old woman brings....yikes.  New seasons come with excitement and anticipation, but also a bit of uncertainty and questions.  And if I'm being completely honest, the older I get the harder it is to jump into new seasons, without feeling the brunt of the bittersweet that comes with it.  But God is so good.  And I'm so thankful that He shows me so much mercy and grace, every. single. day.  That even on those days when I find myself longing for time to slow down, wishing I could just stay in the comfy place of a previous season of life, He sends reminders that there are so many blessings ahead.  I don't need to know exactly what it looks like.  I don't need to have the answers.  And I most certainly do not need to worry or fear....only trust.  And that is exactly what I'm doing.  I trust His timing, I trust His leading, and I trust His plan...for me, as I navigate my new season...for my kids as they are all in new seasons of their own...and for our family as we lean into Jesus and allow Him to open and close doors, all in His perfect timing.   Happy Fall, ya'll!

Love the blessing of having space to gather with sweet friends

the last little league All Star season for this guy
Fellowship of Christian Athletes camp at a local high school.  So cool to see how God is moving...
the garden was good to us this year!
thankful for all the memories these two made on their trip out west

and thankful for my washer and dryer after they got back home. Shew. that was something.
ready for first semester of college
slipping and sliding end of summer bash
What a gift...a day away with this guy to celebrate 22 years.
First day of 11th grade!
First day of 7th grade!
and enjoying the last of the early morning sunrises as the days get shorter.





































Comments