It is so difficult for our minds to understand God's ways.  Our humanness causes doubts and fears to creep into our thoughts and ask, "why God?".  Why does He allow hardships and trials to come to those who love Him and seek Him with all their hearts?  I read a passage this morning that brings such comfort as we, and those we love, experience adversity.
"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways," says the Lord.  "For as high as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts."
I am so grateful for a God who sees the big picture.  Who allows us to suffer only to draw us closer to Himself.  Who will never give us more than we can handle.  Who offers us a perfect love when we walk through a trial that seems unexplainable.  I believe it is His desire that we find peace in trusting in His faithfulness, whatever the circumstance might be. 

God, today I lift up a dear family to You.  They are walking through one of those unexplainable trials.  May they feel Your loving arms around them.

  
 

Comments