Visit from grandma, first days, and corn.

Ahhh.  Peace.  Sunshine. Cool breeze.  Here I am sitting on my porch alone.  ALONE!?  wait, what?!  yep I said it.  Both boys started preschool last week.  Chase, 2 mornings a week.  Jack, 4 mornings.  So for 2 mornings I get to savor a little me time, and quite frankly...I. am. happy.  Amazing what just a very short time can do to recharge my mommy batteries.  By the time 11:15 rolls around I will be very anxiously waiting to pick up the boys, dying to hear about what they did, who they talked to, what they learned.....preschool is a beautiful thing for all :).  We had a wonderful time last week as my mom was here with us.  It's always nice when she can stay for awhile and experience the everyday life with us.  But the everyday certainly had some extra things thrown in...she helped me tackle projects like washing all my windows, pulling weeds, cleaning ceiling fans, and outdoor light fixtures...those types of projects that just seem much more manageable when mom is around.  We also had a lovely shopping day and a perfect beach day.  A great way to say farewell to summer!  And as we say goodbye to summer we welcome the harvest season.  I'm pretty sure the day we started harvesting corn was the happiest day of Jack's life.  I'm not kidding.  He loves nothing more than riding with daddy in the fields, testing corn in the office with Grandpa, and riding in the dump trucks with Uncle Brent.  It's all he wants to do....bless his heart.  In his mind his presence is essential to the entire process running smoothly.  It is something to behold.  I just wish I could have a glimpse into the future to see what this will all translate into when he's, let's say 15?  hmmm...it could go so many ways. :)  But that's the joy in the journey.  Living life each day and seeing what new and exciting things will shape and mold our children into the adults that they will one day become.  But for now, he is one happy boy.  And all it takes is surrounding him with acres and acres of corn ready for the harvest. 

Ice Cream at the beach
   
Family pic...and Jack being his cooperative self :)
First day!
There goes my baby..
Lots and lots of corn
I try not to watch when my boy climbs up this ladder.  He's probably giving daddy orders.

I just love this.  Very rarely can I capture a smile so true. 



Comments

Post a Comment