The recap

Yes!  here it is.  a lull in the action.  i'm so grateful for the thick fog outside my window that is tricking my boys into thinking it's still somewhat dark outside. :)  that, combined with their late night of Christmas tree decorating is hopefully going to gain me an extra hour of quiet this morning.  some time to recap our Thanksgiving trip.  We started out a bit rough.......as in our 9 hour trip somehow turned into 11, Jack got carsick, and within an hour of arriving at my brothers house the boys had broken 2 glasses, both had injuries that drew blood, and a collision that caused a goose egg on my baby's noggin.  But things turned around quickly.  Like on Wednesday morning we slept in until 8:00.  That my friends, is three hours later than usual.  awesome.  And we had great weather for the first few days, giving the boys all the outside time they wanted.  Uncle Josh and Aunt Meredith have a wooded back yard with lots of sticks and leaves which meant endless fun for the Willin boys :)  Even the Willin boy known as Daddy.  He decided to channel his lumberjack skills and help chop down a few dead trees in the backyard.  I'm still trying to figure out the thrill that comes from using a chainsaw....but I'm not a guy, so chances are I'll never get it. :)   A wonderful Thanksgiving meal, lots of time with little miss Riley, our early Christmas gift exchange, and a surprise 60th birthday party for my dad brought us all the way to Saturday morning.  A day that my hubby will never forget.  Now let me say when it comes to brothers I've been blessed with the best.  Example A:  Saturday was the Ohio State/Michigan game.  The biggest rivalry in all of college football.  Brother has season tickets.  My  dear hubby loves college football and has never been to a game at the Shoe.  Brother gives hubby his ticket.  So on Saturday the nice weather has now left us, and in true Ohio form it is snowing and about 30 degrees.  It is 7:30 am, we are bundled tight and headed to Columbus.  Chad and my sister in law went to the game.  And I got to hang with my brother at a little joint near campus to watch it.  So. much. fun.  And a victory to complete an undefeated season.  Thanks Josh and Meredith for giving us a wonderful day.  We love our visits to Ohio and I never cease to be amazed at the blessing of my family.  I love you all more than words can say.

Happy December!  We are kicking it off tonight with the annual city Christmas parade.  The beginning of a wonderful month with many memories just waiting to be made.  








Before the game

what Chad got to witness at the end of the game



Comments