the home stretch

Just to give you an idea of how ready I have been for a reprieve from the heat.......when I opened the door this morning to feel the cool air temperature in the low 60s, I burst out singing the Doxology....praising God for the blessing of no humidity and temps not in the 90s!!! Yes it's that final month of pregnancy.  The month where at times I seem to lose my sense of rationality..... when I convince myself that this child is never coming out.....that I will just be this size forever....that I never will be able to paint my own toe nails again....and you see the downward spiral :)  God bless my hubby.  Needless to say, I have my eyes focused on October 22nd.  The date when, if he has not made an appearance by then, we will get to meet the final piece to our family puzzle.  Thankfully, just a few minutes spent thinking about the miracle of this little life inside of me.... the indescribable moment of seeing his face for the first time, the incredible blessing of becoming a mommy for the third time.....just a few minutes of those thoughts, brings me back to rational thought :)  He is coming out...eventually.  And it will be a wonderful day.

It's hard to believe Jack has almost a month of kindergarten under his belt already.  I'm so happy to report that, except for a few hard mornings that second week, he is doing great!!  He always gets off the bus with a smile on his face and only good things to say about his day.  Although I think the highlight of his day is the bus ride to and from school.  You see, this is his chance to check out all the fields he passes on his route.  He keeps tabs on what's going on with not only our farm, but with all the farms surrounding us.  So usually by the time he gets home he has a full report for me on the local farming activities.  I think he also provides some amusement for his bus driver.....asking him things like, what are those vents for on the roof of the bus?.....when does he fill his bus up with gas?.....and where does he park his bus on the weekend?.  Thankfully we have a grandfatherly type driver, who seems to take it all in stride.  All to say, I couldn't be more pleased with how things are going for our kindergartner.


Chase was so excited to get started with preschool after Labor Day.  What a big change from last year.  He was so confident and brave to start his new class and has had two wonderful weeks at school.  He loves to tell me about his mornings and all the new things he is learning.  Three years old  is such a wonderful stage.  It's like you can just see their world expanding right before your eyes.  I'm so proud of the big boy he has become and cannot wait to see him in his new role as a big brother!

When I can find a few free moments, I am in full nesting mode.  Nursery prep, make-ahead freezer meals, fall/winter wardrobe prep for the boys, cleaning the nooks and crannies of the house.  Otherwise time is spent in and out of the car between preschool transport, meal transport for Chad during the busy harvest time, and getting Jack to and from the farm when he gets home so he can spend some time with daddy.  Doctors appointments, soccer practices and games, also keep us hopping.  It's a busy time.....but I welcome it....busyness makes the time pass by more quickly.  In that case....what else can I add to my to-do list?!  

Happy Saturday!  We are off to cheer on Jack on the soccer field.  Looking forward to enjoying this beautiful day!

Comments