7 years

We now have a 7 year old in the house!  We celebrated Jack's birthday on a very rainy Saturday but had a fun day filled with donuts, presents, football, pizza, and cupcakes.  Certainly not a low calorie day :)  It's a wonderful thing to watch your children grow.  I'm amazed as I watch Jack develop into the young man God has created him to be.  As I've mentioned before, he loves school....loves to learn new things.  Reading and spelling are of course two huge parts of 1st grade.  I can see the pride in his eyes each time he brings home his perfect test scores.  And he has been using his new found knowledge in very practical ways.  He has been saying things like, "Mommy, I have a P-L-A-N.", spelling out the letters of the words he has learned.  Some of the latest...."Mommy, when are you going to make some  P-I-E?"..... "can I have some M-I-L-K?".... "did you know the sun is H-O-T?" ... Look at that huge P-U-M-P-K-I-N!"...a bonus word that he worked really hard to learn. :)  I know this will be a very quick passing phase.  Soon, spelling will be old hat and he will have moved on to the next thing.  But for now, it's so great to hear.  When he's not spelling here's something else he loves....


He will come up with the most difficult math problems his mind can think of and then we go through them together and get the answers.....and the whole time I'm thinking, "how can he possibly think this is fun!"  Ha!  

Birthday Cupcakes!!

Big Jack and little Jack :)

New combine and headers

Chase could hardly wait to give big brother his present.  


and right now there is nothing the little guy loves more than to ride with the big guys on the gator.  Hold on buddy!!

Comments