spring happennings

I've re-entered the blogosphere!  Spring always comes roaring in like a lion.  Between planting season on the farm, end of the school year activities and trips, two different baseball schedules, and all of the regular activities,  we are in hyper drive for a few months.  But then July will come and we will kick back a little and enjoy the summer.  Warning....what follows in this entry involves some mommy bragging.  I can't help it.  I love my kids.  And their lives and accomplishments are what consume my days right now.  so to give you an update on my life, means updating you on theirs.  One day I will have things that I do apart from them, but that time is not now.  We are one unit at the moment.  And I do love it :)


Baseball season is in full swing.  I LOVE watching these guys play ball.  They are competitive but respectful, intense yet having a great time, and hitting the ball like crazy.  so much fun!

diary farm field trip and yummy homemade ice cream!

ready for their spring concert.  so handsome

when you're the littlest and everyone else is busy, sometimes you get dragged to rehearsals with mommy.  But then you get to sing into a microphone, and stand on a chair beside grandma, and that's pretty cool.

field trip to the National Zoo with Jack and the second grade class

kindergarten field day

Jack has blown us away in Awana this year.  Not only did he complete 2 entire books of verses, he also earned the "Clubber of the Year" award.  My heart was so full as they read off the list of what qualified him to receive the award.  he also was chosen to recite Psalm 23 at the closing ceremony.  So proud of both boys and the wonderful job they did this year of hiding God's word in their hearts.  I cannot say enough wonderful things about our Awana program.  

my favorite place.  our back porch.  we eat out here as often as possible. 

second grade field day.  Jack's class won the tug of war!  video courtesy of Grandma :)  mommy had to leave early as I was trying to get over an ugly run in with strep throat.  not cool!

strawberry season.  lots and lots of homemade jam.  so much sugar.  but so so tasty!

the garden is coming around after an unbelievably wet start

this guy.  he brings us so much joy and laughter. 

and the final field trip of the school year.  Kindergarten beach day!

To everything there is a season.  I know one day I'll sit down at the computer and have plenty of time to formulate creative and inspiring thoughts or reflect on what I've been reading in my quiet time. Right now my quiet time consists of a two year old in the background saying ,"mommy, what doin?....mommy, what doin?.....mommy what doin?"  :)  yep this is the season we are in.  My prayer is that I embrace it.  embrace it and pray everyday for a large dose of patience and understanding that only God can supply.  and make as many wonderful memories with my boys as I can, all while guiding and parenting them to the very best of my ability.   Welcome summer!  We are ready to enjoy you!









.






Comments