Fresh, fun, and shiners

Let me tell you about something amazing.  something that seemed too good to be true until I gave it a try....and wow....it just really is that good.  I'm always a little behind when it comes to current trends. I keep hearing raving reviews about grocery delivery services, particularly Amazon Fresh.  So I figured what better time to use my one month free subscription!?  With three boys out of school who think there is just nothing more terrible than going to the grocery store with mom....yes, this was definitely the time.  So I compared prices and discovered that most things are very comparable to store prices...made my list...chose my items....placed my order and tada!!.....
a day and a half later these lovely totes showed up at my doorstep....full of all of my groceries.  And it was pouring down rain which made it all the more gratifying!  Oh Amazon....there you go again making life just way too easy for us!  there was no trying to fit everything into a cart....taking it out of the cart....putting it back in the cart...putting it in my car....taking it out my car....you know the drill.  And yes, there is a part of me that says, "really!!?  how spoiled can we possibly get?  this is SO not necessary!"  but that part of me has become somewhat silenced since this first delivery.  for this one month I am going to bask in the convenience and the complete joy of having someone bring groceries to my doorstep.  and when that one month runs out, you will probably find me back with the kids and the overflowing cart and the grocery store craziness....remembering the beauty of Amazon fresh.  have YOU tried it? 

in other news....
the garden is underway.  when you have a farmer husband and daddy there is a certain standard for the garden.  the straightest of rows....the perfect watering pattern...exact seed depth.  which results in a very happy jr. farmer named Jack :)  

it's so great to have my baking partner back in the kitchen with me
and always good to have some teamwork for the clean up

we are loving the slower pace of our summer schedule...



and the few extra minutes I have to enjoy the quietness of the mornings on my back porch...one of my absolute favorite spots :)

baseball will be wrapping up in a few weeks but unfortunately this guy had a run in with the ball while practicing catching pop fly's in the back yard.  ouch.

and one of my simplest joys....fresh cut from my bushes...

Happy June!!









     


Comments