It's November!  The start of the month that holds my favorite holiday.  Thanksgiving is my favorite.  A time to focus on all that we have...not all that we need....or should I say, want.  I'm thinking of my children in particular.  Teaching them the importance of gratitude and contentment is a deep desire in my mommy heart.  I feel very strongly that when we do not really grasp those two concepts and truly live with an attitude of thanksgiving, it becomes really difficult to have a spirit of joy. As Christians, we are given the gift of eternal life...the gift of mercy and grace that is new every morning...the gift of being a disciple of Christ.  As Americans, we are given the gift of freedom...the gift of living in a country that is a blessed land...blessed in ways that most of the world can only dream of.  And as members of our own families, we are given the gift of acceptance and love....the gift of belonging...the gift of knowing those people will always be there for you.  These are the things I want to focus on.  On the days that I'm not content....the days where I'm not a very joyful mom....the days that are just hard.  It only takes a moment of realigning my thoughts to remember all that I have to be grateful for.  To be reminded to not focus on myself, but on God...and on others.  Happy month of Thanksgiving to you!

Party fun!

costume day at Preschool!

field trip fun
 
trick or treating...
with 14 friends is the best :)












Comments