Here we are already smack dab in the middle of February!  What a winter of illness it has been for our family.  After another round of the stomach bug for 4 of us and a brief run in with the flu bug for one of us, I thought maybe we were in the clear.  And then Luke woke up last night with a fever.  Since becoming a mom I cannot remember a worse winter for sickness.  And it's not just our family...it's everywhere!  It's not good when you are repeatedly starting your days by asking, "anyone feeling sick today?!"....just assuming that someone is bound to raise their hand!!  shew...and I thought I was ready for spring in January.  multiply that desire by about 100 and that's where I'm at.  Come. On. Spring.  We are ready for little league baseball!  for Major League baseball!  for flowers!  for a few less layers of clothing!  for more hours of daylight!  so that we can spend even more time outside with this guy!
oh Buckeye.  I'm starting to love you.  you are like a fourth child....requiring more patience than I feel like I can muster on most days.  but there's just something about you that makes me smile.  

I read an article recently by a mom who has become very intentional about her attitude towards preparing meals for her family.  She said there was a time when she became so frustrated by how much time she would put into preparing a meal and then just like that it was scarfed down and over with and everyone was moving on to the next thing.  I understand where she's coming from.  I love being in the kitchen.  I love preparing yummy, healthy meals, and indulgent, not so healthy desserts for my loved ones.  And yes, sometimes it gets scarfed down way to quickly and perhaps they may not realize just how much time I put into it.  But as the article reminded me, what a joy it is to be able to serve my family in this way....what a privilege it is to be able to have ingredients in the pantry....what a blessing it is to sit down as a family for that time together.  and then I get notes in my kitchen like this one and it really makes it worthwhile :)  love you Chase!

He's growing too fast.  It's like if I stare at him for long enough I can actually see it happening.  One Sunday he will fit into a pair of pants and literally the next week those same pants have him looking like he's ready for the great flood.  I'm trying to embrace it.  Trying not to weep when I see my little boy looking all grown up... 
He was ecstatic to go on his very first hunting outing with his grandpa.  Even though  he came home with nothing to show for it, it really didn't matter.  He got to walk through the woods, with a gun, with his grandpa, in his camo.  a happy boy. 

And then there's this guy.  my right hand man.  my best little helper.  He keeps telling me how excited he is to go to kindergarten.  I keep telling him he's not allowed to go. ever.  

Happy Friday!









Comments