summer days...

I refuse to acknowledge the appearance of back to school supplies in the aisles of Walmart.  We are having way too good of a summer to start thinking about that!! I love these days when the kids never really know what day of the week it is...when we always smell like sunscreen....when there is always yummy produce to be eaten...later mornings and nights....lots of ice cream and italian ice...and sore throats from cheering for so much baseball.

I'm so proud of this guy and his entire all star team.  They practiced hard....through some crazy intense heat...to get ready for their tournament.  And even though it ended sooner than we had hoped I could not be more proud of how he played.  Way to go bud!

and these guys have 2 first place championships in the books!

and this one gets the little brother of the year award.  he has spent hours at ballparks this summer and usually does it with a smile on his face.  

keeping Buckeye cool in the heat

ahh yes....summertime on the Eastern shore :)

fun on the river

love having a friend that takes great photos to share!

beach days are the absolute best!

Here's to hoping that the next few weeks do not go by as quickly as I'm fearing they will.  I feel so blessed to be able to spend all of these moments of summer with my kiddos.  They are growing into such sweet young men.  My prayer is that each day I am modeling godly characteristics for them to soak up.  I've been doing a study on what it means to be representatives of Jesus and it's been on my heart to make this a focus with my boys this summer.  To remind them daily what it means to bear the image of Jesus...."to have EYES that look with compassion...HEARTS that offer forgiveness and love...and HANDS that are engaged in service."  
For me and for them.....it is truly my heart's desire.  













Comments