what gratitude can do

Gratefulness and attitude.  Together they make gratitude.  And it's something that makes all the difference in the world...especially in the heart of a believer.  It takes the focus off of ourselves and turns it back to the one who has given us everything.  A grateful heart will naturally allow us to reflect joy no matter what the circumstance.  I drive this point home to my kids every. single. day.  And then there are days like these when the point....the point of one of my very best soapboxes...is driven home to me.  Making me realize that my attitude might need to change about some things.  That perhaps I'm forgetting that his will may not always be what I feel like doing.  His will may not always seem like an ideal situation at the time.  But as I was reminded this 
morning in my devotions....

""not my will, but Yours be done" (Luke 22:42).  Gratitude helps us acknowledge that God's will is best, even if it's hard; in that way, we are able to release our hold on what we want.  Although the circumstance may remain the same, submission will change our heart."    

Thank you Father, for speaking so clearly to my heart this morning.

17 days and counting until this summer break is in the books.  We are soaking up every moment....

working hard on getting this crazy dog to behave himself.  I very hesitantly say that we might be making a bit of progress :)



river fun with extended Willin family!

he keeps us laughing every single day.  

Happy August!  
Here's to the start of football season, school shopping, 
and as many pool and beach days as we can squeeze in!!





  

Comments