rainy day

It's definitely a two cup of coffee kind of morning.  We're on day two of some really cold pouring down rain.  ick. Now, I am so glad it's not snow, but still.....cold rain isn't much better.  The kids are all delivered to school.  Of all the days, this was the one where Luke needed to bring snack and drinks for his 20 classmates, a grocery bag full of canned goods for the food drive, and his valentine box and supplies for his party on Thursday.  Can you picture how cute we looked in the pouring rain trying to transport all that stuff from point A to point B? Let's just say, "Try to avoid the puddles!", means nothing to Luke.  Hence, the second cup of coffee :)

Life seems to be moving at warp speed these days.  Most every night of the week consumed by a sporting event or church activity.  I'm understanding that this is just the new normal.  The older the kids get, the more they will be involved in...and away we go.  But what a great time we've had watching Jack learn a new sport.  He's playing as a fifth grader on the middle school basketball team for ECS and he has learned so much and grown by leaps and bounds throughout the season.  I love his drive, his determination, his hustle.  He has loved being a part of a school team for the first time.  He's so proud to represent his school.  I find myself feeling a little sad that we only have one more game to go!  But not to worry, baseball is just around the corner :)

In my devotions this morning I was so convicted by something I read.  The writer was speaking of prayer and how it's important to keep a good perspective of how we are praying for the people in our lives.  So often I pray for my kids and husband asking God to make them into the people I want them to be.  Which never is wrongly intended, but I was reminded this morning that we are called to pray for our loved ones to ask God to make them into the people HE wants them to be.  As the writer said...
prayer is a means of relinquishing control and asking God to shape them into the men He wants them to be.
That might be something very different than what I'm hoping for, or what I'm thinking they should be.  We are all so uniquely created and the way one of us expresses love and kindness may come in a completely different form than the way another person might go about it.  I feel so strongly that right now, more than ever, I need to be on my knees praying.  Praying that my boys stay focused on their God, follow him with their whole hearts, and allow him to make them into who HE wants them to be.

and here is where i would normally share some pictures of what's been going on.  However, due to my phone deciding not to cooperate with the downloading process, I'll need to save them for next time.

Happy Valentines week!  Hoping it finds you surrounded by the people you love!












Comments