on mothering....

"... mothering doesn't always bring out my best;  it can also bring out the worst in me, and I have an ongoing need for forgiveness from the One who understands my guilt.  This reminds me of my own dependence and neediness, which turns me to the giver, who gives me hope in my not-yet-done-ness."

I came across this excerpt in a book called Five Star Families, put out by the MOPs organization.  Such a wonderful book reminding us of the importance of setting goals for our families that focus on the right things.  The things that God desires families to be.  Families full of love, joy, faith, and loyalty.  And reminding us that we cannot obtain perfection, but we can strive daily to give our absolute best to our families.  As the above quote reminds me.....I am certainly in a state of not-yet-done-ness.  I am learning and growing daily as I attempt to mother my two little guys.  I am so grateful for a merciful God who can take my not so good mommy moments and show forgiveness and grace....and then give me a fresh start each morning to take another crack at this mommy gig. :)  It blows my mind.... the lessons of faith, love, and patience that I am learning from one little man named Jack, and another named Chase.

 a few snaps from these last few days....


geared up for what we like to do most.....PLAY OUTSIDE!!
Chase's favorite thing these day...Thomas the Train!!

Jack has become quite a little helper in the kitchen.....these were last weeks creation

I left Jack alone for a few minutes and he manages to find this giant tarp in the storage shed, opens it all the way up, and spreads it out perfectly in the yard.  Not sure exactly what he had in mind to do, but he sure was proud of his discovery!
 
My smiley one.  He is a day brightener indeed!!


Comments