"There is no peace like the peace of those whose minds are possessed with full assurance that they have known God, and God has known them, and that this relationship guarantees God's favor to them in life, through death and on forever."   ~ J.I. Packer, Knowing God
We have just begun reading through Knowing God with our Sunday School class at church.  I am so excited to finally be reading this book.  I've heard it referenced countless times and have been pointed to it on various occasions, but just never made it a priority to read through it.  Until now!  In preparing for this Sunday's lesson I came across the above quote and loved the truth of Packers words.  I've written before about the peace that I've been able to find in knowing God.  It truly is one of the greatest blessings of my Christian walk.  Things may not always go as I think they should, my kids will not always do what I hope they will, there are days when things just feel out of whack....but I am so grateful that, only by the grace of God, I can come to the end of the day (most of the time :) ) and feel peace.  Peace despite my confusion, despite my doubts and fears.  Peace because I believe that without a doubt God is faithful to all of His promises and "that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him" (Romans 8:28).  I'm looking so forward to all that God has to show me over the next several months through Packer's words of wisdom and truth. 

And to bring a smile to your face...
Last night Jack was looking at my engagement ring and asking me about when Daddy gave it to me and why he gave it to me, etc...  I told him maybe one day when he is all grown up he might want to buy a ring for someone he loves and wants to marry.  To which he replies, "I'm not getting married mommy....I'm only going to be a farmer like Daddy."  Oh how things will be sure to change.....hopefully!  I think I will remind him of this on his wedding day :)  

Happy Saturday!

Comments