I believe that God speaks to us in numerous ways.....through His words and promises in the Bible.....through other believers we interact with....through past experiences......and for me, through music.  There is a chorus from a song that has been stuck in my head for the last several weeks.  It wasn't until just this week, in the car with the boys, that I actually listened to what the words were saying.  Up until that point  I was enjoying singing the words, simply to enjoy the beat and sound of the song.  In hindsight I'm not sure how I went for so long just completely missing the message and the reassurance the Lord was trying to give me through this song.  There are so many things we can fix our eyes on......our struggles, our joys, the future of our children and family, our insecurities, our desire to try to be everything to everyone.  But it is when I fix my eyes on the Lord, that peace finally comes.

When I fix my eyes on all that You are
Then every doubt I feel
Deep in my heart
Grows strangely dim
All my worries fade
And fall to the ground
Cause when I seek Your face
And don't look around
Any place I'm in
Grows strangely dim
So thankful for His promises!





We've had some rainy days around here....fortunately it doesn't keep my boys inside.  When we are thunder and lightening free, they LOVE stomping around with their umbrellas :)
Fresh clippings from my flower beds!!.....a simple thing that brightens my kitchen and my days 

Comments