Summer wrap up

Here we are....well into August.  Not sure where the summer has gone.  Since the last post, our days have been filled with 2 more weeks of swim lessons, 2 extended weekend vacations with family, a wonderful week of Vacation Bible School, a few trips to the beach, and prep for Kindergarten ....which started today....which I am still coming to terms with......and yes, I will be that mom standing at the end of the driveway, waving my arms, when he gets off the bus at 4 o'clock this afternoon.  :)  I know he will quickly recover from any embarrassment I may cause.  It's such a strange feeling.  Usually at this time of the day he and I are doing some sort of activity together while little brother takes a nap.  Now, here I am with some time to blog...and for that I am grateful...but it's just weird.  I need a few days to adjust to the whole idea of how he can possibly manage his day without momma by his side.  But deep down, past the emotion of it all, it's a really good thing.  This is what we having been raising him to do.  Stand on his own two feet, make responsible 5 year old decisions, and learn from his mistakes when he doesn't.  A big day for our family indeed.  What a blessing it is to feel peace in the midst of this first tiny little step in loosening the reigns on our first born.  I am so grateful to know that he will never be alone.....that I have a heavenly Father who loves him even more than I do, and who will never let him out of His sight.  So here's to a new phase of motherhood....can't believe we are there already.

Everyone loved the fireworks on the the 4th this year.  Chase came a long way from last year when he was scared to death for the entire show!

Deep Creek Lake vacation with my side of the family

preggo sisters!

the boys got to drive little go-carts at this place on the lake.  So cute!!

State Fair!  of course the highlight was checking out all the equipment.

Weekend on the river with the Willin family.  The boys love spending time on Grandpa's boat.  

Riding the mini Ferris wheel at Funland at the beach!

Reunion with college friends and all our kiddos.  Such a great time!

Mom's night out with these wonderful friends from church.  


this morning....ready to get on the bus

a rare moment of brotherly love :)  

getting on the bus....mommy was trying to hold it together at this point.  

I met the bus at school and saw him to his classroom.  This is how I left him.....feeling confident, brave and ready for his first day.  So proud of my big boy.  
  






Comments