Glimpses

I love when I see glimpses of myself in my boys.  First of all, they are boys.....rough, rowdy, true to the core, boys...... and for that reason alone it seems hard at times to see myself in them.  But there are glimpses.  The most recent one came from Jack.  I discovered something he apparently has been doing for awhile without mommy knowing :).  When I went in to check on him a few nights ago, quite some time after he had gone to bed, I found him under the covers with his flashlight, reading a book.  And by reading, I mean going through our giant bedtime Bible story book, finding words and phrases that he knows.  But hey, that totally qualifies as reading when you are 6.  It was so sweet to hear him try to explain what he was doing and why he was doing it and why he "just wasn't quite sleepy yet."  Yes, I did need to shut the operation down for that moment but at the same time my heart was proud.  I love to read.  I would much rather read a good book than watch TV or a movie.  I used to love to read in bed.  Obviously that was long, long ago.  Now I have maybe 30 seconds, 1 minute tops, after I lay down before I somehow find myself completely asleep.  Ha!  I digress.  Anyway, I remember when I got a cool clip-on light that attached to my headboard.  There were nights when I could hardly bring myself to click off that light because I just had a little more reading to do.  So while there are times I need to make him turn off his flashlight so that he gets enough sleep, I pray his love for books and reading stays with him.  I'm glad that might be something I have passed on to him.


We are just coming off 2 weeks of spring break for Jack and one week for Chase.  Crazy times at this house with all three kiddos at  home, but I'm happy to say we made it through with everyone still smiling.  Well, Luke is sort of smiling and may be thinking, "When will it end?!"  poor baby.  Big brothers are quite "hands-on" when it comes to helping. :)



oh my little one.  This is his look.....wide eyes, eyebrows up, crazy hair :)  He keeps me chuckling every single day!


Comments