first day!

As Jack was getting on the school bus this morning, my thoughts went something like this.......

"Wait!!!.....don't go!!!!.....all those times over the last several weeks that I said I was so ready for school to start....well I take it back......I cannot possibly have a first grader.....he cannot possibly survive all day everyday without me....maybe I should home school....no, that would definitely not work for us.....Ok, I'm alright....and look at him all confident and ready.....I'm so proud of him....there goes my baby.....He's Yours Lord....protect him please."

And off he went.  I'm so thankful for a wonderful school where I know he is safe and so well cared for.  We met his new teacher and looked around his classroom last night at open house.  He was very excited to see his new text books. :)

We are so excited for all the growing and learning that this school year is sure to hold.  Happy first day of First Grade buddy!!  You're going to soar...




Chase was so excited and in honor of Jack's first day he thought it was essential that he also wore his new shoes :)  Love that boy.  he can hardly wait for his first day of Pre-K.  I'm not sure if it's because of actually going to school or because he knows that once school starts, that means it's the start of football and soccer season.  Either way, he's excited :)  


boys night out with daddy and some good friends


as most little boys do...he loves to play ball

such a rare moment, I had to document it.  

got to sneak a few snuggles with a brand new little guy born yesterday to some sweet friends.  Looks like my hubby seems to know what he's doing :)  

Happy Tuesday!  Looking forward to some good start-of-the-school-year stories to share in days to come.



Comments