on his way

This week we registered Chase for kindergarten.  Why is this such a big deal?!  I've been through this before....I know that the big bad world of school isn't so big and bad....it's actually great....my oldest is thriving and loves every minute....I was expecting to handle things much better this time around.  Nope, not the case.  My heart still feels like it's going to jump out of my chest when I think about sending not just one, but two of my babies to school in the fall.  It's such a battle of extremes.  I am extremely happy and thrilled to be at this stage....so proud of Chase....and I know he will love school and will do great....I want him to go.  But I don't!  it's the letting go.  I know that.  The thought of it happening is far more difficult than the actual happening. :)   Oh gracious.  The roller coaster that is mommy hood.  So here is he....on the road to kindergarten...with all the papers he needs to make it official.


Jack had a great day last Saturday.  It's one of his favorite days of the year.  Spring Clean-up Day at church.  Never mind the fact that there were snow flurries in the air and it was a  blustery 30 degree day.  He loves that he gets to work with all the grown men....mulching, pulling weeds, pushing wheel barrows.  His perfect day.  so proud of his work ethic.  Great job buddy!!


And this.  He was getting ready for baseball practice and says, "check me out mom, this is my "what's up?!" stance."   I'm so glad I captured a carefree, silly moment from my usually very serious and far too grown up boy.

Luke's favorite things are still his shoes.  All of them, and any others he can find.  He lines them up, puts them in a circle, stacks them, tries to balance them on his head....at this point I say....whatever works! 

Happy Good Friday!  What a wonderful weekend it will be as we celebrate our loving Savior and the sacrifice he made on that very first Easter.  It's a humbling and overwhelming thing to contemplate. and for me, one of my very favorite times of the year.  Without Easter, we would have no hope.  I cannot imagine a life without hope.  What a blessing it is to know that we serve a God who is alive!!






Comments