Enough with the hummingbirds already!

Friday night...for the fifth time this summer...a hummingbird was once again stuck in our garage. And as most of you know....I am not a bird person.  As in....I don't like them.  Especially when they are in enclosed spaces flying around my head.  However, if there was ever an exception....it would be the hummingbird.  They are amazing little creatures.  And I think it's because they buzz...as opposed to flap....that I'm a little less freaked out by them.  Anyway.  Friday night.  There I found myself for yet another time chasing the little bird around the garage trying to shimmy it out with a broom.  all while my children are yelling, "don't hurt him mommy!....don't scare him mommy!...."  oh goodness.  as much as I'm not a fan, that's as much as the boys are.  They love the little hummingbirds.  And it's as if the world is ending when they see one stuck in the garage.   So we drop everything we are doing to make the rescue.  After about 30 minutes of trying on Friday night, I was done....proclaiming that we will leave the garage doors open and hope for the best.  Of course that did not go over well, so they decided that they would get him out on their own.

Nope. another 30 minutes and still no luck.  We had to call in daddy....who isn't afraid of birds or climbing the big ladder....who was able to save the day and grab the little sucker in his hands.  You're our hero daddy!  :)  It was actually really great because the boys got to see their little friend up close and personal.  And Chase did not hesitate for a second to hold him.  It was so fun to see their amazement.    
after a couple seconds perched on Chase's finger....off he flew into freedom.  Thank. goodness.  Never mind the fact that Saturday afternoon...not 5 minutes after we opened the garage door...yet another little hummingbird entered the garage.  Press repeat.  and here we go again.  enough with the hummingbirds already :)

It's hard to believe summer is closing it's doors.  While I am ready for some slightly cooler temperatures, it's always hard for me to let my dear summer season go.  Thanks to Grandpa and Grandma for a wonderful afternoon on the boat yesterday.  It was a beautiful day, with great water temperatures and lots of fun.  But sometimes the fun is just too much to handle...

Happy Labor Day!!  GO BUCKEYES!!!







Comments