Dear God,
Thank you for Jack Charles.  Thank you for the way my life was blessed when you gave him to me.  Thank you for bringing him into this world safely after 3 days of labor!  Thank you for the little man he is becoming....for the way he takes his work so seriously....for the way he commits everything to memory....for the way he points out the cobwebs in the tiny crevices of my house....for the way he must have a full recap from his daddy about what happened that day at the farm.....for the way he refers to the farm as "his farm".... for the way he likes to whisper in my ear and then giggle like crazy when it tickles me.....for the way he stresses out when he's not at home because he is worried about all the work he is not getting done.....for the way he says things like, "fantastic!", "actually...", and "it's all my pleasure!".....for the way he is only truly happy is when he is talking about the farm, at the farm, or pretending he is at the farm (are you picking up on the farming theme? :))...for the way he insists on wearing a blue striped pair of socks to bed every night....for the way for some reason he has started calling me Mommy Jen (????).... for the way he likes to give me foot rubs....for the way he tells his brother many times a day, "I'm the leader!!".....for the way he so badly wants to be a grown man and do all the things his daddy does.  Lord help me never take his quirks and unique personality for granted.  May he one day grow to love You with his whole heart and be a man of integrity and kindness.  And 20 years down the road when he says, "I'm the leader" it will be all for Your glory.  Show me daily how to channel his strong will towards You.  On the days when patience is short, days are long, and I cannot come up with all the answers to the questions, gently remind me what an amazing little boy You have given me.

Comments

  1. What a special guy Jack is indeed! He never ceases to amaze me. I can't even count the times he has remembered things that have happened - even events in Ohio, that he has stored somewhere back in his little mind. He is truly blessed to have "mommy Jen" for his mommy. I am truly blessed to have "farmer Jack" as my grandson!

    Grandma Mullet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post brings tears to my eyes. Tears of joy for such a wonderful grandson and tears of gratefulness for his sweet mommy. Truly, God must have a very special plan for our very special Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and with that i'm in tears. oh how I love that little farmer. :) You are an amazing mommy! Love and miss you all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment