Rest.

A few days ago after a busy day of preschool, errands, and dentists appointments I was using Chase's nap time to get a bunch of things crossed off my to-do list at home.  Jack was taking a break from his work outside to enjoy some Wheat Thins on the sofa while watching Disney Jr.  I was scurrying around the kitchen when Jack yells out to me, "Mommy, you should sit down and rest."  Wow!  That was the first time that he has ever actually acknowledged that I might need a rest.  Sometimes I feel like he thinks I never sleep.  I'm awake when he wakes and I'm awake when he goes to bed.  In his mind, I just keep going :)  Little does he know that moments after he finally winds down and his eyes finally close.....its all I can do to keep from collapsing on the sofa, on the bed, on the floor....usually wherever I can land the fastest :)  So to have him instruct me to rest was pretty great.  And you know what, I took him up on it.  He's not the cuddling type or I may be tempted to sit with him more often during his snack time.  He likes his space....and usually this is how he sits on the sofa...
hmmmm.......

But anyway, when I asked him where I should sit he (actually sitting upright at the time) patted the cushion beside him and said, "right here mommy."  Don't have to tell me twice!  I pushed it just a little too far when I draped my arm around his shoulders.  He quickly wiggled away, but it's ok....I was still pretty excited that he wanted me to sit with him :)  So there we sat.  And for a half hour we watched Octonauts and munched on Wheat Thins. Far better than checking something else off my list:)

In other happennings...
Chase has mastered the art of the juice box :)

Just before I took this picture Jack had said, "Mommy, I just have so much energy!!!"  no kidding :) :)
The boys LOVE when they get to eat lunch at the farm with daddy :)

I just loved this...the way he's looking at his daddy....holding that jar of lemonade like a big boy
love clipping fresh daisies to bring inside





Comments