oldies but goodies

My devotions this morning were focused on the love of God.  How amazing it is.  I immediately thought of words to my favorite hymn.  Hymns truly are great things.  Someone once encouraged me to read through hymns as part of my quiet time.  I love reading the words that I've sung so many, many times.  Words of such truth and wisdom that are still as relevant today as they were when they were penned.  So I thought I would share a verse from my favorite, The Love of  God.

Could we with ink the ocean fill, 
and were the skies of parchment made,
Were every stalk on earth a quill,
and every man a scribe by trade,
To write the love of God above, 
Would drain the ocean dry.
Nor could the scroll contain the whole,
Though stretched from sky to sky.

O love of God, how rich and pure,
how measureless and strong.
It shall forevermore endure
The saints' and angel's song.  

I think of this verse so often.  I love the image it portrays.  Imagine that each of us were professional writers, we had oceans of ink to fill our pens, and enough paper to cover the skies ..... even then we would not have the resources to fully write about the love of God.  It is that great.  It is that strong.  Read or think about a hymn today.  You never know how it may speak to you.  

Happy Saturday!  We are so excited to be helping some of our dearest friends move today.  And even better, they are moving to our town.  So happy for them and this new chapter they are beginning.  


Comments