Out of the boat



As believers, we all have had challenges laid before us that require a leap of faith.  Those times when you know what God is calling you to do.....but to actually do it is scary, uncertain, and causes doubts of our adequacy.   I'm currently in the midst of one of those times.  But I was so encouraged by the passage of scripture I read this morning from Matthew 14.  I read the story of Peter.....when Jesus called him out of the boat....to walk to Him on the water.  Peter did it.  He literally got out of his boat, stepped into the raging sea, and walked on the water toward Jesus.  And just as many of us do, he took His eyes off of Jesus, started focusing on the storm around him and began to sink.  But then here is my favorite part.... verse 31, "And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him...".  He didn't let Peter fall.  He swept him up and pulled him out.  What a comfort this was to me today.  Peter took a step of faith.  He got out of the boat because Jesus asked him to.  Yes, his faith may have wavered....but what a lesson he learned.  When we keep our eyes focused on Jesus he will provide all the strength that we need, whatever the task.  Of course there will be challenges but as I read in my devotional, that's when our trust in Him will truly grow.....that is when He stretches us.  He has left us His Spirit to enable us to do His work.  .
"What is God asking of you that poses a challenge?  Remember that when He says to step out amidst uncertainty and take risks, we can rely on His presence and his power to equip us.  If you've said yes to a challenge, then you have become a risk taker for God!"  
So I'm stepping out of my boat, and my eyes are focused on Jesus.  I'm moving forward knowing that He is right by my side.

And on a lighter note....a few snapshots from the past week.
Begged me to wash the dishes.  one word for that.  awesome.

we had a wedding to go to on Saturday.  and this one loves to look good.  he was so proud of his outfit :)
                                    
speaking of things that Chase loves, cupcakes are high on the list.    


my hard worker.  he has informed me that he would love to clear everyone's  driveways and sidewalks.  bless him....may this work ethic continue all the way through the teen years!

Comments

  1. So much wisdom! Thank you for stepping out of the boat:)!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment