a new year


So much to share....never enough time.  It's hard to believe 2014 is here and we are already 7 days into it.  It was a wonderful holiday season spent with friends and family.  We have so much to be grateful for. As the boys get older, Christmas just gets more and more special.  They have begun to remember and anticipate our traditions..... the candlelight Christmas Eve service, the Christmas story, milk and cookies on the hearth, Christmas morning breakfast, spending the day after at Grandpa and Grandma's house.  I love the memories we are making.  It always goes by so quickly, yet I find myself ready to begin this new year and get back into our schedules.  The boys are back to school this week and with the new year also comes resuming some of the responsibilities I had let go while being pregnant and having Luke.  So my prayer as this year begins is to seek balance.  Balance between my responsibilities inside and outside the home, balance between getting enough rest and getting up at some crazy hour in order to accomplish all that I want to do in the mornings....balance between giving all of my time and energy to my kids and carving out a few minutes for myself.  Things seem a little out of whack at the moment, but that's just to be expected when  you add a new little member to your family.  It's just so worth it.  Even on my tiredest most frustrating days, this little face is all it takes.....  
He's growing and changing so fast!

Chase's Christmas program
Christmas Parade!
Church Christmas Program

Always has been my boy who loves hats :)

Waiting for the bus...Jack was so excited to wake up to snow 

such a little man
Jack's Winter Concert....amazing how many songs those kindergartner's learned

Christmas came a few days early for our kids.  They are loving their new playset

Christmas Eve by the fire

And in our biggest news of the year so far.....Jack lost his first tooth on New Year's Day!  Let's just say it involved his little brother and a football....but hey, it was time for those baby teeth to start coming out anyway :)


I think it's safe to say that our little guy does not lack for attention.  Never a dull moment!!

   Happy New Year!!

Comments