Christmas morning moment

When you are a stay-at-home mom to 3 little boys, even the smallest things can feel like a grand present on Christmas morning.  I had a Christmas morning moment on Monday morning when I found myself with 30 minutes of time.....ALONE....during the beautiful daylight hours.  Daddy came home from work to take the older two strawberry picking for about an hour.  Luke was looking sleepy and, miracle of all miracles, I was able to get him to go down for a morning nap.  So there I was....with a little time to do whatever I wanted to do.  So I grabbed my lounger chair, Bible, and devotional, and headed to the back porch.  Lounging, quietness, sunshine, and the Word of God......ahhh yes, it was a refresher for my soul.  

And the boys very proudly came home with 10 quarts of freshly picked berries!  Delicious!

Everything seems to be happening so fast with my little one. He's gone from crawling to pulling himself up and attempting to walk along things...the sofa, the hearth, the coffee table.... in a matter of days.  What is going on?!  Yesterday he got his head stuck in three different places.....once in the shelf of the coffee table, and twice in between the sofa and side table trying to reach the lamp cord.  I'm getting a little nervous about what we're in for with this one!


I love watching my boys take in the wonderful pleasures of just being a kid.  What could be better than splashing around in a cool pool on a hot day singing "The Wheels on the Boat"?!  lol!  



Comments