Mothering.  It's my life.  It's what I do every moment of every day.   Never will there be a day when I feel like I've mastered it.  When I feel like I do not need to get on my knees every morning and ask God to guide me in the overwhelming task.  However.....you do grow....you toughen up.....lighten up.....learn to anticipate bad outcomes before they can actually happen......you start seeing the big picture and try not to sweat the small stuff.....you find yourself saying things like, "Do not try to throw your brother over the railing", without even missing a beat......you know that inevitably someone is going to have a meltdown when you go out to eat and you no longer worry what other people think because by now you know that every mom has been there.....and if they haven't yet....they will be soon. :)  You learn, especially with boys, that everything can be made into an adventure.  For instance, yesterday morning after getting the oldest on the bus....the floodgates opened and we were in the midst of a huge downpour.....which isn't a big deal other that the fact that I was on my way to the grocery store with the two youngest.  "Yay!!!", exclaimed Chase.  "I get to use my umbrella!!"  Now, we are not talking about a sprinkle or a midst.  We are talking about pouring down sheets of rain.  "Yay!!!"  I heard myself saying.  What????!!  Flashback a few years ago when Jack was Chase's age and Chase was a baby, this momma would have turned that car around and waited out the storm.  Instead, I let Chase bask in the glory of using his umbrella....which by the way, did nothing to keep him dry :).......and I trudged along behind him, trying to keep myself and Luke dry all while Luke was having a meltdown because he really wanted his juice.  Oh motherhood!  You are wearing me down. :)  




Standing with only one arm support is the most exciting thing ever!

We've been enjoying our first produce from the garden......lettuce and broccoli galore!!  Much more is soon to follow.  They are so proud of their hard work :)  

Comments