Happy Father's Day!

My dad.  What a guy :)  He knows no stranger....in his mind there is not a single person not worth talking to and getting to know....he is up for pretty much anything without much preparation or planning....he has a mind that is always capable of thinking of new ideas....he has a heart for people and a heart for God that that is evident in pretty much everything he does.....I am blessed with a great dad.  Growing up, he was the dad that all my friends loved.  He always used to tell me, "your friends are my friends."  He was always involved in what was going on in my life and there was never a question of how much I was loved.  And now he has taken on the role of "Gramps".... and it is an amazing thing to watch.  He has the ability to see the world through their eyes and is able to relate to them on such a sweet and personal level.  They LOVE Gramps :) One (and there aren't many) of the good things about living far away is that I get to witness their excitement and anticipation before Gramps comes to visit.....and then the joy they feel when they go running for his hugs. You are a good man Dad.  We love you so very much.


And then there's another dad I'm pretty fond of.  This one I call hubby.  He has the daunting job of fathering these three handfuls...... :)  

He does it so well and he has grown so much.  What an amazing thing it is to watch your husband grow into his role as a dad.  He loves his boys.  He is modeling for them what it means to love the Lord, love your wife, and work hard.  I'm so blessed to be sharing the adventure of parenting with this man.  Love you honey!!

What a defining moment....when you become a parent for the first time.........Jack Charles

and then again......Chase Daniel

and then one more time.......Luke Vernon


Comments