Reflect

The stockings are empty, the presents are unwrapped, our company has returned home.  I got up early on this day after Christmas just to have some moments to reflect.  I'm sitting here with my bible and my coffee by the twinkle of the tree....and it is lovely.  There's something about the calm after a storm :).  A good storm.  I'm reading about the wise men.  The journey they took as they followed the star in such anticipation to join in the worship of the tiny baby King.  As my kids sang happy birthday to Jesus last night, my heart was full of joy along with a heart full of a desire that they would never forget that this is why we celebrate......that they will one day fully understand that the reason why we give and receive presents is to demonstrate God's great and consuming love.  Lord, help us teach them them as they grow, that the birthday is only the beginning of the life of our perfect Savior.....the first step of God's plan to save each and every one of his children.  It's amazing, humbling and mind blowing.  Never will I tire of reflecting on the true meaning of the Christmas season.  Merry Christmas to you and your families!!  May the light of God's love be reflected in all that you say and do.



Comments