Chase Daniel

March 7, 2015.  Never would I have guessed that I would be looking at several inches of snow outside the window.  It wasn't snowy 5 years ago on this day.  Five years ago on this day I was two days away from my scheduled C-section and determined to make it to that date.  After 3 days of labor with my firstborn I was somewhat grateful not to go through that again.  On the night of March 7, I was trying to convince myself that the gut wrenching pains were not really contractions.  No, surely these were just Braxton Hicks. Oh boy. Wrong!  Away to the hospital we went in full labor.  Call in the doc...prepare the OR....Chase Daniel was ready to make his arrival....by now it was the morning of March 8.  It was a quick surgery and before I knew it I was handed my second beautiful baby boy.  I remember thinking how different things felt the second time around.  Gone was the fear....the fear that I had no clue what I was doing...gone was the complete lack of confidence in going home with a newborn.  Certainly there were other thoughts and concerns....but not at that moment.  At the moment they handed me Chase Daniel, there was just joy.  For nearly 4 years he was my baby....my youngest. I admit there are times when I still think it.  I'm not sure how it's possible that he is 5 years old.  Five years old and on the brink of kindergarten.....which I've come to learn, changes everything.  My heart is so full of love and pride.  Chase marches to the beat of his own drum.  And he's perfectly ok with that.  He loves the fact that he is turning 5 years old and wouldn't wish for anything else.  Happy Birthday my sweet boy. Never will I tire of your sweet smile.....























Comments