High calling

The older my boys get the more I understand what a high calling it is.....this journey of parenthood.  God gives us these wonderful little gifts.....He entrusts them in our care.....and asks that we teach them and lead them in His ways.  My first and foremost prayer, every single day, is that they would love Jesus.  I thank Him for the ways they already do.......and pray for the ways I hope they one day will.  Several nights ago after our Bible story we got on the topic of heaven.  For 7 and 5 years old, they have a pretty good understanding that this body we live in now will one day remain on earth and, those who live for Jesus, will receive a brand new body when we die.  But this is when it gets tricky.  "But mommy, what will our new body look like?....will we still live together?.....what will God look like?.....will we have a dog?....will I still look like me?....how long is forever?"  Whoa!  It was so sweet to see their reactions when, after I attempted to answer a few of their questions, I explained that not even mommy knows all the answers to all the questions.  "But then how do you know?", they ask.  I was praying in my head that I wouldn't mess up this perfect opportunity to explain faith, and thank Jesus...He gave me words that I think made some sort of impact in their understanding.  Just one 15 minute segment out of the many, many times I am called on as their parent to show and teach them the ways of God.  A high calling indeed.  And if ever I needed an incentive to go deeper and grow in my own faith, well then there it is.  I was so encouraged by the prayer at the end of our ladies Bible Study this week.  It was the morning after my heaven conversation with the boys. It said this, " Help us teach our children that you are the Creator and Sustainer of the universe, so that they may have no fear except a reverent awe of you."  Amen and amen. :)

Happy Saturday!


First day of spring....the snow was not exactly what we had in mind while we waited for the school bus.  

Field trip to the horse stables.  He loved it :)  



Comments