Recap...

It's been quite a whirlwind as we've wrapped up our last days of summer vacation!  The State Fair, Vacation Bible School, school shopping, a weekend getaway and school open houses.  And then today.....my 2nd baby went to kindergarten.  you'll get the details below :)

State Fair Fun!

Waiting for the Ferris Wheel.  Chase's favorite thing at the fair.




and of course the equipment display is a favorite for everyone

Chase and one of his best buddies waiting for the pig race to start.  That's right.  the pig race.  only at the state fair can you find a pig race.  and they LOVED it!  


The heat and excitement were just too much to handle
But he woke up just in time to enjoy his very first corn dog!



and then there was this project.  Lots and lots of corn.  that is now frozen and filling up the shelves of my freezer.  So glad that is behind us :)

Camp Kilimanjaro!  The boys loved VBS and I loved helping with the music!  So much fun!!

Luke's best friend at VBS :)

loved spending a morning with just these two guys.  school shopping and lunch at IHOP.  who doesn't love a pancake right smack in the middle of the day!?


a quick trip to Virginia for some much needed time away and lots of fun with family.  3 cheers for cousins!!

and then came today.  Chase's first day of kindergarten.  He was ready, I was not.  I cried.  He did not.  The bus driver arrived 5 minutes earlier than we expected which resulted in me running Chase down the driveway, yelling out "I wasn't ready for this!", " I need more time!".  yep a classic mommy moment.  I was in a frenzy.  He was not.  He climbed right on that bus and away he went.  I met him at school and got him to his classroom.  He did great.  as I knew he would.  I'm still not quite sure how we got here.  But here we are.  and I could not be more proud of my kindergartner!  










Comments