For the little things....

Aren't you so thankful for the little things in life that bring us happiness?  Of course I am ever grateful for the big things....God's saving grace, my hubby and kiddos, precious family...those sorts of things.  But really it's those little things that get me through the days that may otherwise seem mundane.  Things that bring true happiness and joy at that very moment.  Here's a glimpse at some of the little things that fill me with happiness...
  • a nice warm pair of cozy socks
  • having a cake slip perfectly out of the pan without sticking
  • cinnamon rolls
  • coffee from my keurig
  • eating a cinnamon roll while drinking coffee from my keurig
  • a big hug
  • hearing my baby learn a new word
  • sparkling clean windows
  • looking at old photos
  • crystal blue skies
  • birthday cakes
  • a good book
  • fresh flowers
  • a good workout
  • snuggling on the sofa next to a crackling fire
  • snuggling on the sofa next to my hubby.....and a crackling fire :)
  • the beach
  • hearing my 4 year old pray
  • lighting candles
  • dancing in the living room with my boys
  • the first time I use a new kind of shampoo
  • Hershey kisses
  • kisses of any kind (they come in all forms when you have 2 little boys!) 
And I could go on ...... but you get the idea.  I'm so glad that joy can be found in things that take little to no money, that require no huge preparations or effort.... things that happen simply and for that reason alone, they are good.  We do not need to look far to find complications, stress, and worry in our lives.  Simplicity is like a breath of fresh air.  So I'm curious ......  a question for you, my dear readers, however few you may be ..... what are some of the little things on your list?

Comments

  1. You. You bring me immeasurable joy. Love you. By the way your blogs are awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment