oh those kiddos....

Isn't it funny how different men and women are, especially when it comes to parenting.  What we say...how we interact....our levels of tolerance.  Here's a snippet of a conversation that occurred over the holidays after laying the boys down for their afternoon naps....

Hubby - "ahhhhh.....wouldn't it be nice if they just stayed sleeping until tomorrow morning?...."

Me - "Why would you say that!?  They are looking forward to our evening together.  I love spending time with them.  Sometimes it seems like you wish that we didn't have kids."

Hubby - "Oh no, I don't ever wish we didn't have them. I just sometimes wish that they lived somewhere else!"

Me - "Oh my."

Hahaha!  And now let me just say that my boys have a wonderful, amazing daddy who loves them more than words can describe.  It was just one of those moments that indeed every parent is bound to feel at one point or another, no matter how much you love your kids.  It made me laugh.  So to all you parents out there who are feeling a bit run down by the ever demanding toddler/preschool years....you are not alone.  :)

Comments