rounding third and headed home...

 And home means health and wellness....hopefully :).  My Chase has been battling a nasty case of croup.  I knew we were in for the long haul when I had to send Chad and Jack off to a New Years Eve party while I stayed home with the little guy to try to manage a fever and cough.  Sleepless nights found me and Chase....and even daddy.....on Saturday, Sunday, Monday....seriously?????....Tuesday....and then some reprieve.  We made it through Wednesday night with only a few coughing spells and no fever!!  Thank you Lord.  Thursday night was about the same and then last night......at last a full night of sleep!!!!  No wheezing, coughing or crying.....just sleep.  And what a lovely thing it was.  It's so heartbreaking when little ones are sick.  I'm so ready to have him back to normal.   We are definitely on our way.  We have gone from this.....

he would just lay down in random places and fall asleep!


to this....

there's the smile I've been missing!


On another note, for those of you who know Jack you understand what I mean when I say.... "the boy loves to work!" :)  Yesterday he was outside "working" and suddenly I see him traversing across the yard with the wheelbarrow........which he had somehow removed from the very narrow door of our storage building.......which sits about a foot off the ground.  hmmmm...wish I could have seen that.  When I went outside he was drenched in sweat because he had been filling the wheelbarrow with sand from his sandbox and then was dumping it in his "fields" in various places across our yard.  :)  oh Jack.  I do love you dearly.




  Happy Saturday!


Comments

  1. So glad Chase is better and glad to see your "worker bee" is still hard at it. You just have to smile :) Grandma loves you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad Chase has that smile on his face again. No fun being sick. I wish too I could've seen Jack manuver that wheelbarrow out of the storage shed. I'm sure he thought he was really working hard! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment