The calm...

Ahhh.....the calm after the storm. A great storm. A storm of food, family, and lots of fun :) It's hard to believe that my project for today is taking down all of the Christmas decorations. But what a wonderful season it was. The parties, the Christmas programs, the gifts....all now memories tucked away in my heart. There really is nothing like the excitement of Christmas when you are sharing it with a 4 and almost 2 year old. Jack in particular, could hardly contain his excitement on Christmas morning. Then after opening his gifts he attempted to use them all at once.....riding his bike, while holding his umbrella, looking through his binoculars and holding a plastic candy cane filled with M&M's. And I found it interesting that suddenly Jack was interested in "sharing." Meaning with every gift his little brother would open he would say, "we're gonna share that, right Chase????" oh dear. Chase of course enjoyed the continuous smorgasbord of food. But I think the highlight for Chase was spending time with his little cousin. Chase has a love for babies. Babies and food :). He always wanted to know where the baby was and what the baby was doing, and always made sure there were plenty of toys surrounding him. My sweet boy :) So I smile with great joy as I look back not only on this past weekend and past month, but also this past year. Despite those days when things seemed to be falling apart, despite the times when the boys sent me over the edge, and despite a very difficult farming year, the Lord has continued to bless us greatly. He has given us health, safety, and a home filled with love. I am overwhelmed with the blessings of this life of mine. I'm slowly learning that despite my best laid plans I do not know what the future holds. But I can rest easy knowing that if I continue to daily seek God with my whole heart, he will not lead me astray. So with that I welcome 2012. I'm buckled up and ready for the ride :)

Happy New Year!

And let me just say as I write this I am enjoying a lovely cup of coffee brewed from my new Keurig coffee maker. A gift from my sweet hubby. Wow. Instantly fresh brewed coffee with hundreds of flavors to choose from.  My world will never be the same :) Thank you sweetheart!

Christmas Eve at our house...
 

gifts waiting Christmas morning....


Chase enjoying our new beach chairs.... thank you Uncle Michael and Aunt Maria!!


Oh the joy these little spinning light sticks bring...

Comments