The moon...

I still remember the day that Jack first noticed the moon.  He was just starting to talk.  He and I were in the car and he points up to the sky and says, "ball!".  He has been fascinated with the moon ever since.  Even now at 4 years old he still gets so excited about spotting it, especially when it is full and bright and shining in all of its glory.  Last night was just such a night.  We had returned home from the children's Christmas program at church and Jack was asking if we could go outside and find the moon.  So we did.  He walked out of the garage and up the lane a bit, stopped, and looked up.  For about 30 seconds he just stood there, so still, and looked up at that big bright ball of light.  (And trust me, 30 seconds is a long time for this child to be still.)  Then he turns around and with nothing but seriousness he says, "I wish I could go to the moon."  I ask him how he is going to do that.  He thinks for a second, his face lights up and he says, "I could jump there!! On a pogo stick!.....and then I could jump back down."  He goes on to say that he needs to go to the moon because there is a present there for him.  I ask him what the present is and he says, "a big shiny loader, just like daddy's."  Oh the way his mind works....it really is an amazing thing.  I'm still trying to figure out how he knows what a pogo stick is. 

As I have said before, I love this phase of awe and wonder in my boys.  It represents such a pure and untainted innocence.  I love that because of Jack's amazement with the moon, I get to join in gazing up into the sky and take in God's glorious creation.  Last night along with the moon, were hundreds of stars.  So beautiful and clear and I couldn't help but wonder if that may have been what the sky looked like on the night our Savior was born.  God's creation is such a masterpiece!
"When we slow the frantic pace of our minds and look to the heavens, we begin to sense the unmatchable power, the sustaining strength, and the intimate love of God.  As we gaze with admiration at the stars, we can drink in the very essence of our heavenly Creator."  ~Whispers of Wisdom for Moms~    

Here are a few shots from Jack's part in the Christmas program....
So proud to be on stage with the big kids...

 here he is saying (out loud), "the lights are so bright!"  :)

 "look at that hay!"

 and then regains focus for his big moment..."Swaddled there upon the hay."

Another proud mommy moment :)  And a wonderful job by all of the children and teens who were a part of the program.  It blessed my heart.  Happy Monday.  I'm off to tackle my mountain of laundry.  


Comments

  1. (gush) I loved this. I can hardly wait to see you all in a little less than 2 weeks. Jack on stage = adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment