a dilemma :)

Yesterday morning I was getting Chase dressed before Jack ... which rarely happens. Jack was jumping around in Chase's room one moment and in the next moment was gone.  A few minutes passed and when he reappeared he was fully dressed.  This was a big deal.  "Look what I did mommy!" he yelled all while smiling, jumping and dancing around the room.  I was so proud....considering I usually lay his clothes out for him and help him along with the process.  So here was the dilemma.  The clothes he had on were the same ones he wore the day before....he had retrieved them from the dirty clothes basket.  His pants and shirt were backwards, his underwear was inside out and his socks didn't match. What's a mom to do?  Ever-so-lovingly tell him how proud I am...but let him know that he got it all wrong....without somehow bursting his bubble?  Or do I just let it ride?... and believe that one day soon he will know that the hamper is not the best place to find our clothes for the day, that the tags go in the back and it's usually best to wear socks of the same color.   I went with the latter...thank goodness we didn't have preschool and he could just run around the house, dressed all backwards, beaming with pride that he had done it... "All. By. Myself."  :) 

I love fall.  Chase had his first preschool field trip last week to celebrate the season complete with hay ride, corn maze, and pumpkin patch.  Such fun.  It's great to be back into the groove of our schedule and flurry of activities.  I welcome fall with open arms.  And the countdown is on.  Two more days until my firstborn turns 5.  I have one excited little man on my hands.  And let's be honest....there's one excited mommy in the house as well.  :) 

A few shots from Chase's field trip...
waiting to get on the hay ride

Checking out the animals in the barnyard

Shelling his ear of corn

so proud of his gourd and corn cob

woo hoo!

Comments