Encouragement

I cherish my mornings with the Lord.  The early hour of the morning when my kids are still sleeping and the house is silent.  Every morning is treasured, but there are those in particular when God speaks to me so directly through His word that I can only smile and feel so secure and anchored by the One who knows me best.  This was such a morning.... my reading was from 2 Corinthians 4:16-18.  "Therefore we do not lose heart....For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal work of glory....For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal."  I am so thankful for this reminder that even when we think we are at the end of our rope, there is always hope in Jesus.  I read somewhere that faith in God does not make troubles disappear but it makes troubles appear less frightening because we have the right perspective.  I need to continually remind myself that even when God answers my prayers with, "Not just yet" or "I'm taking you a different direction", and even when it's "No.", my hope still rests in Him.  Because I believe His promises are true and He promises to never leave or forsake us.  My prayer is not that I am content to wait for God to answer my prayers as I think He should, but that I accept His plan as the perfect will...whether in my humanness I can understand it or not.  I trust His purposes behind my struggles and disappointments.  I never want to get in the way of giving Him the opportunity to demonstrate His power and love.....even when it means taking me down a road that seems difficult.  We just never know how that bumpy road might be used.  But He does.  And that's all I need to know.  :) 

Happy Friday!!

Comments