The bright side of the cold

There are few things about winter that make me super happy.  Of course there are all of the wonderful holidays and gatherings that happen during this time of year...which I absolutely love.....but I'm talking about the winter weather.  The cold, the bare trees, the short daylight hours, the freezing rain, the snow...things of that nature.....I'm just not a huge fan.  However there is one thing that I do love as a result of all those things.  Actually two things.  First the fact that it means I get to see a lot more of my hubby and second is this.....

This is a wonderful thing.  We had our first fire of the season last night and it made the fact that it was cold and rainy outside so much more manageable.  This is by far one of the best features of our home.  I love the atmosphere it creates, the smell it makes, the sounds of the crackling wood, and most of all the toasty warmth it brings to my body.  I've been known to fall asleep on that hearth on cold winter nights :). Needless to say, despite my negative feelings towards some of winter's characteristics, our fireplace is such a treat in the midst of it all.  So here's to the upcoming season!  It really is starting to find a small special place in my heart :). 

In storm news, our town of Seaford made out quite well considering the destruction that we have seen in areas further north.  A little flooding, a few trees down, but otherwise things are in good condition. So grateful yet so heartbroken for the many that lost so much.  Let's continue to keep all those affected in our prayers.  

Things here are back to normal today.  The rain has died off, school is reopened, and we are back to business as usual.  Thank goodness :)

Comments

  1. can't wait to sit in front of that fire myself. LOVE the new look! Miss you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment