Peace...

Today I am thankful for peace.  The peace that I am able to find in my heart when life seems anything but peaceful.  I am thankful for the peace of the morning.  The quietness of the rising sun, the stillness of the dew as it lifts.  The simple act of making my bed each morning brings me peace.  That is one of the first things I do and something about smoothing the sheets and placing the pillows where they belong is calming and helps me feel ready to begin the day .  And yes I do realize that perhaps I might be over the top with this practice on those mornings when I subconsciously start making the bed while my hubby is still in it ........ love you honey :)  However the true peace is found in those few quiet moments that I am able to open my bible and spend time with God.  He is the true source of peace when we simply ask and allow Him to work.  I know that I have about an hour in the morning of literal peace ... meaning the house is quiet, the boys are not making noise, the washing machine is not running, Disney Jr. is not the ever present background noise.  It's around 7am when the house is no longer quiet but filled with the hustle and bustle of kids, to-do lists, and the many tasks that motherhood brings, that I am able to still feel that inward peace that I found first thing in the morning.  It's always there.  Some days I need to search a little harder to find it, but I always do.  And by the time another morning rolls around I am ready to begin the process again, finding new joys in each day all because of the peace that God alone can supply. 
"Resting in Jesus means feeling secure in Him and allowing His peace to fill your soul.  That kind of rest is available to all - even mothers :)."  ~ God's Word for Mothers
Happy Thanksgiving!

Comments