Phases...

Isn't it amazing how fast the phases of life fly by?  My boys seem to change right before my eyes.  And I must say that "it's just a phase" has become a staple phrase in my household.  The need for my 19 month old to always be at my side....just a phase.  The need for my 4 year old to always bite off the top of his Popsicle and save that bite until the very end....just a phase.  Realizing that dates with my husband are things of the past...just a phase.  These are the phases that will not leave us sad when they have run their course.  The other side?  There are phases to cherish.  Right now my children are filled with awe and wonder at most new things they see and learn.  I love this phase of innocence...like when Jack tells me that he wants to go to God's house up in heaven.  And he is going to get there on his rocket ship...that he bought at the rocket ship store....behind Lowes.  Yes, those were his words!  Or when I was trying to get this blog up and running.  I'm sorry to say that I was somewhat challenged by what I thought would be the simple task of setting up a blog.  The frustration of not knowing about gadgets, templates, and html caused me to say to my family, "it makes me feel old and out of touch with technology!."  To which my son replies with a shocked looked on his face, "you're not old mommy."  Ah yes, now just tell me how quickly that phase is going to pass!  But for now I love that my boys think mommy is young and fun....that they think I have all the answers to their questions.  "Lord, help me stay focused on the positives of this phase of toddlerhood and realize that in a blink of an eye we will be moving on to the next phase."

Comments

  1. I can't tell you how excited I am that you have started this blog! And you have already brought several smiles to my face with your posts! I can't wait to read more! I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment