The Thanksgiving Trip. Here's how it went....

So excited.  Losing my voice and can't really talk.  But it's ok....still so excited.  Packed car.  Two happy boys.  On the road to Ohio.  4 traffic jams, 8 hours of driving, still 2 more hours to go.  Two not so happy boys.  Lots of Bob the Builder and Thomas the Train.  Mom and Dad's house in sight.  Relief. Rest. and sweet baby Riley. Chase wonders why he's not in his own crib.  lots of crying.  Ends up in bed with mommy and daddy.  Jack has pink eye.  Yuck.  AMAZING Thanksgiving meal with all the trimmings.  Nap time is heaven sent.  Oh no, why are my eyes red?  Mommy has pink eye.  and still no voice.  But it's ok....I'm still excited.  Early Christmas celebration with my family.  Lots of presents and very happy boys :).  Shopping.  Warm sunshine.  Haircut.  Christmas parade.  Oh no, why are Chase's eyes red?  A third case of pink eye.  Seriously????  More amazing food.  Lots of laughter with family.  Very little sleep.  Already Sunday and time to leave.  Goodbyes are not for me.  My voice is making a comeback!  Packed car.  Two happy boys.  More Bob the Builder.  On the road to Delaware....

I've given up planning in my mind how things are going to go. :)   While our Thanksgiving holiday certainly had aspects I was not expecting, we still had a wonderful time surrounded by very dear loved ones. We are so very blessed.


What's not to love about cousins!!!



Comments