Together...

I'm counting down.   Counting down the days until we pack up our car and hit the road for our annual Thanksgiving trip to Ohio.  It's become a tradition.  Every year since we've been married my hubby and I have made this trip together....the years have passed we now get to make it with our two little guys in tow.  For most this may just sound like another family weekend spent together.  But for us, it's something more.  Farming life does not allow for many family trips let alone just having a Saturday to spend together.  The boys and I have done a fair bit of travelling but it's never the same without daddy.  The Thanksgiving trip is one of the few times when we are all together.  Finally, after the demanding hours of the harvest and planting season....we will be together and it will be wonderful.  It will be wonderful even with all the potty breaks that are required when making an eight hour drive with a four year old.  It will be wonderful because we will stop at Chick-Fil-A.  It will be wonderful as we sing the ABC song for the 20th time as we are entering West Virginia thinking how can we possibly stand another 2 hours of this????  It will be wonderful because there is nothing like walking into my Mom's house and smelling candles and the amazing dinner she has prepared.  It will be wonderful because I will get to squeeze my little niece once again.  It will be wonderful because Mom will say those words I love to hear ...."I'll give the boys their baths." :)  It will be wonderful because we will be together.  And together is what I love.   13 days......oh yes.

Comments